Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-25-2015, 08:49 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I have a great story that you may enjoy.

So, how about this. There was this guy, he was having a conversation with another Bengals' fan about Carson Palmer. Then, out of nowhere, this OTHER guy comes in the discussion that he wasn't involved in previously, and he makes this condescending comment about Carson! Okay, that's pretty normal, that happens. Well, then he claims that he has forgotten about him and that he doesn't care and isn't upset at all that he's gone. Sounds good, right? Well, PLOT TWIST! The guy posts about 3,571,284,712,387 times in a row, CLEARLY upset while making post after post that he's not butthurt at all by it and mentioning that he has forgotten about Carson. Another poster says "hey man, maybe you do care about Carson a bit too much since you can't help but post about him dozens of times and can't just let this go". You'd think the guy would understand and prove that he honestly doesn't care by just leaving the conversation right there, right? NOPE! Another dozen posts over the course of another day, no end in sight, apparently "I don't care about Carson and I've forgotten about him" really means "I care a lot about Carson and I'll never forget him and I can't stop talking about him".

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat. Isn't that crazy?? Thought you may have liked that one, pretty solid stuff.

I have long since gotten over Carson.  Wasn't so hard to do considering the 4 winning seasons since his departure.  Something that never occurred when he played here.  On the other hand, on these boards I have to deal with what appears to be some self-loathing fans who go out of their way to defend guys who quit on the team, while bashing those who stayed around and made things better.  

It comes as no surprise those who would come to his defense.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it. - WhoDeyWho - 09-25-2015, 09:29 AM