Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice?
(03-04-2019, 10:16 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I started with an Electra Westone Phoenix. Got it back in 84. I took some classes but never stuck. I tried self teaching but never overcame my first mental block and every time i practiced I just did the same thing over and over so really no progression. I traded it with a good friend of mine and got a really nice acoustics guitar thinking I needed to refocus on basics and rebuild from there. However, my son started showing an interest so I gave it to him. A few years ago I bought a cheap epiphone and went and bought the Xbox game Rocksmith” in hopes of tackling it once again. Yet, never happened because I never found the time to put in it, and when I do, I can’t because the Xbox stopped working for some reason.

I can play just enough to make someone who does not recognize good play to think I’m talented, but I know it’s not much at all. Really want to get into it again because it’s my goal to learn. I’ve always been a drummer but the guitar is what I love. Also want to learn the piano. But I doubt that will ever happen, specially when I don’t own one. LOL

Damn, I was going to ask you if that helped. I almost bought Rocksmith several times. I need a lot of work on scales. I want to play lead, but practicing scales seems like the most boring thing you can do on guitar. Agree with you on piano. I doubt I'll ever learn it, but I've always found piano to be the most beautiful sounding instrument. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice? - Shake n Blake - 03-04-2019, 08:04 PM