Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(03-04-2019, 08:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yep, solid Trump Supporter, nothing wrong with calling me that.

I figured, and why would there.

(03-04-2019, 08:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: However I am far from a racist/bigot/Nazi/alt right supporter etc.

Sure, I believe that. I don't generally associate supporting Trump with these things. Except in cases where it's justified.

(03-04-2019, 08:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I match myself to the Candidate that stands the most on the same ground as I do when it comes to beliefs etc. of course I have my own order of importance as well. And yes Trump can be an idiot at times, no argument from me there.

I admit that aspect gets usually larger in importance when the person doesn't align with core beliefs. Since Trump doesn't quite align with mine, I see his idiotic aspects in even brighter light. There's some bias in that.
I am just bewildered when people simply deny he's an idiot at times.

(03-04-2019, 08:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would love for him to calm down and attack the legality of the laws and make solid proposals, ones that would hold up in court, simply because we know that as soon as he signs any EO it's gonna be contested with in 24 hours. This is what our politics has degraded to and it's sad cause there is always going to be a court out there that plays politics first rather than letting these guys all do the job they've been called on to do.

Well, this argument goes both ways. Some would say (and I would agree) Congress' job is to protect the power of Congress from executive overreach, and same goes for the judiciary. I wouldn't consider that a political game, and for once even Rand Paul agrees with me on something :). And reassigning money Congress has appropriated for other purposes seems a bit authoritarian.
Now if there's an emergency, like a tornado? OK, then this shortcut to get money freed up fast is logical. But in this case, the emergency is rather Congress disagreeing with the president's priorities, eg. with building a wall, as it is an actual time sensitive emergency. Trump himself said as much. And that is concerning. Wasn't it you that voiced concern he might use these declarations again and again now, for example to censor the press?
Also, imagine what a democratic president will do with these powers once established. Medicare for all can be called an emergency, you could make the case that many thousands of Americans die each year due to no coverage, and these arguments would be quite similar to Trump's.

(03-04-2019, 09:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're also one hell of a fantasy football player  :andy:

Oh yeah, he was the one beating me in the final of this board's league, right? I don't know if I failed to congratulate... if so, congratulations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what ha... - hollodero - 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM