Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why won't CNN update thisr Trump Jobs Tracker?
(03-04-2019, 09:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's kind of fun tracing the story. It first popped up on r/TheDonald on 3/9, then the DailyCaller ran with it the next day. Mark Levin had it on 3/11, and the by 3/12 it was on Fox News.

Crazy how some random incel on reddit can create a media frenzy.

Things happen. This did cause me to look at the BLS data. Now, this is again one of those things where people put wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much into the connection between a POTUS and the unemployment rate and also one of those things where policies take time to take hold for what they actually do impact, but I found it interesting that both the U-3 and U-6 were only down one-tenth of a percentage point from the same time last year (latest numbers out are January). U-3 has dropped six-tenths of a point from January 2017, but the bright spot seems to be in U-6, which has dropped 1.2 points from January 2017. I'm just wondering why that slowed in such a way in 2018.

Oh well, these sorts of things often raise more questions than answers.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why won't CNN update thisr Trump Jobs Tracker? - Belsnickel - 03-04-2019, 09:47 PM