Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice?
(03-04-2019, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I always thought about swapping out pickups in some of my cheaper guitars. I just never knew which pickups I should go for. It's kinda hard to try out different pickups to see what suits you. I know Duncans have a great rep. I play quiet/loud Weezer/Nirvana style hard rock, so I'd want something hot, but not death metal hot. 

That's what surprised me about the PRS I have.

It's a cheaper model(Tremonti SE)but the guy I bought it off of put an American treble pickup in it  (which "treble" just means bridge for PRS).

It can play dirty tones but if you roll the volume knob back you can get it pretty clean.

That "Screamin' Demon" pickup I mentioned is really not a hot pick-up.  It has good clarity when distortion is applied.

The Seymour "JB" pickups are really clean.

Some people like Duncans and you'll have some that say they're sterile.

Active EMGs are what they are.  Clear, can handle a lot of gain, lack some personality.

If you love them then you can put them in any guitar and it will sound exactly the same.

Now that last sentence is why some people don't like them.  They want all of their guitars to have singular personalities.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice? - BengalsRocker - 03-04-2019, 11:25 PM