Poll: should the Bengals draft, trade for or sign a backup who has the potential to take over the starting job when Andy's current contract is up?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should our backup QB for 2019 be future starter quality or just backup quality?
(03-05-2019, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see using any valuable resources on a QB this year.  Dalton has 2 years left on the contract and I think 1 year is plenty of time to groom a replacement.

So maybe take a flyer on a 4th round or later pick this year if the value is there at QB, but no need to reach just to take a back up QB.

Unless Dalton has a career year in 2019 that would lead to another automatic extension we should look at drafting a back up who has legitimate starter potential.  That would mean using a higher pick.

No starter quality free agent is going to sign here with Dalton having 2 more years on his contract.

I wasn't thinking about using our 1st or 2nd round picks and probably should have said that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should our backup QB for 2019 be future starter quality or just backup quality? - BengalChris - 03-05-2019, 05:03 PM