Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department?
(03-06-2019, 12:09 PM)McC Wrote: The question was can we win and the obvious answer is yes because we have won.  If the question was can we win it all, that's different.

And the idea that number of scouts is the major issues is a ridiculous oversimplification.  The way bigger issue is who has the final say.  If you have an assload of scouts with a dumbass making the calls, what do you really have?  That is by far and away the most critical factor.

The Browns had a whole bunch of people getting it wrong.  They turned it around when they got the right guy in charge of it all getting it right.

I think your 1st sentence is a good point.

Honestly, Marvin had a lot to do with that turnaround too. He brought in established coaches and practice habits. If I remember he upgraded our strength and conditioning program and a new strength coach.

That stuff seemed to bump us up to a competitive team.

I do think we need more scouts though. In another link I posted responsibilities of scouts and it is much more than just drafting. I think it's a big ask to have your coaches scout AND coach AND gameplan AND develop a playbook.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department? - THE PISTONS - 03-06-2019, 02:19 PM