Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department?
(03-06-2019, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think your 1st sentence is a good point.

Honestly, Marvin had a lot to do with that turnaround too. He brought in established coaches and practice habits. If I remember he upgraded our strength and conditioning program and a new strength coach.

That stuff seemed to bump us up to a competitive team.

I do think we need more scouts though. In another link I posted responsibilities of scouts and it is much more than just drafting. I think it's a big ask to have your coaches scout AND coach AND gameplan AND develop a playbook.

I'm not disagreeing with any of what you said.  I'm just saying that, take '15, for instance, with better luck(Dalton not breaking his thumb) and better coaching(more focus and discipline at the end of a game that should have been won), we might have made a pretty good playoff run.

Our lack of post season success is multi-factored, with the number of scouts or FO people being just two of the factors.   It can be done the small operation way, but it would require the decision makers to be better at making decisions.  The margin of error is smaller if the operation is smaller.

There really is only one common denominator of the various methods of winning a title and that is brilliance at the top.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department? - McC - 03-06-2019, 02:30 PM