Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department?
(03-06-2019, 02:30 PM)McC Wrote: I'm not disagreeing with any of what you said.  I'm just saying that, take '15, for instance, with better luck(Dalton not breaking his thumb) and better coaching(more focus and discipline at the end of a game that should have been won), we might have made a pretty good playoff run.

Our lack of post season success is multi-factored, with the number of scouts or FO people being just two of the factors.   It can be done the small operation way, but it would require the decision makers to be better at making decisions.  The margin of error is smaller if the operation is smaller.

There really is only one common denominator of the various methods of winning a title and that is brilliance at the top.

I feel like that year. I feel like Palmer hurting his knee derailed us. We should have won in 15...except for the lack of discipline as we both know. I really think that was the time to get rid of Jones and maybe Burfict to send a message. Or if not them, then Marvin. But, no brought all 3 back.

But in the grand scheme of things, we have a roster good enough to compete what...2-3 seasons out of 27? I'm not talking about making the playoffs...I'm talking about a roster good enough to make an AFC Championship game.

Some 23-24 teams have been to Super Bowls since we last won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department? - THE PISTONS - 03-06-2019, 03:00 PM