Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department?
You can support a team and feel that the scouting department is too small.

Let me tell you about me: I live about 50 minutes from Pittsburgh and have a Bengals helmet in my office. Name any good Bengal player from the last 30 years and I probably have atleast 1 of their autographs. People I work with are all Steelers fans and they know I like the Bengals.

I REALLY want to see this team win and start beating the Steelers.

Geno Atkins is probably my favorite player and should be in the HOF. I like Mixon, Boyd, Green, and Dalton. I have Dalton and Green McFarlane figurines.

I definitely do not want this team to lose.

I won my fantasy football league where I get a jersey and I'll probably buy a retro Esiason one. I'll occasionally wear it in Pittsburgh.

Seeing other teams have 2-3 times as many scouts as us...I recognize an issue there. Does that mean that every player we draft is bad? No it doesn't. We draft good players occasionally. Some REALLY good players. Some HOF caliber guys in Atkins and Green.

But law of averages gets you over the long-run and I think that's what we see with our drafts. We draft some good players, but also we miss a decent bit. Couple that with not signing free agents much and you just don't win.

We've also not won a single playoff game since modern free agency began in 1992.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can We Win With Our Small Scouting Department? - THE PISTONS - 03-06-2019, 03:07 PM