Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WH gears up to fight House Dems on info on Trump family getting security clearances
(03-06-2019, 11:10 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Why do they need a security clearance?

They often deal with classified information.  Their staffers do need security clearances.

Members of the House Intel Committee do have to take an extra oath, given they are daily dealing with tippy top secret stuff. 

I should add, all members of Congress are not cleared to see everything  whenever they want.  Hence briefing sessions, for example, involving only the gang of 8. 

Also, I know for a fact that many agencies compartmentalize information and sometimes refuse to clear it for Congressional access. Agencies can make the case that info is critically time sensitive and cannot yet be distributed outside of agency or department.  As far as I know, the only one who can demand classified info from anyone and any agency and get it on the spot is the president himself.

Think of the prep for killing bin Laden. Some Congressman could not just walk into an NSC or Pentagon meeting in April 2011 and demand to know what special ops are in motion right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: WH gears up to fight House Dems on info on Trump family getting security clearances - Dill - 03-07-2019, 01:13 PM