Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cap Situation going into Free agency
(03-08-2019, 03:31 PM)Synric Wrote: 1.) Dont forget they have draft picks, 2.) some extensions (Green, Boyd), a choice on Dennard and 3.) minor roster spots like backup TEs and OL.

I'd say they have a shot at one good free agent and I would guess a linebacker.

EVERY single team has to worry about (consider) 1.) Draft picks 2.) "Some extensions" and 3.) minor backup positions.

Sorry to single you out here, but these counters always land in every single cap related thread. It drives me nuts. These reads, and always has to me, like an excuse in advance.

This thread is just a ranking of teams. Nowhere is there any breakdown of actual dollars to be spent here, here, and here. It's just, here are the teams, ranked 1-32, in cap space.

So why exactly do we need to be reminded of draft picks relative to this thread?  Just kind of strikes me as odd to remind people of. To be fair, not just OP, but this happens all time.

Draft picks, extensions, injury settlements, injury pools, are NOT unique to the Bengals. 

We have more than enough money to make waves in free agency. Will we? Maybe, maybe not. But I assure draft picks and minor backup positions have nothing to do with our ability to do so.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Cap Situation going into Free agency - Wes Mantooth - 03-08-2019, 10:19 PM