Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor finalizes coaching staff
(03-07-2019, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if I have opened this can of worms in a while, but I really don't have a problem with coaches doing a lot of scouting.  In fact I would think that scouts are the guys not smart enough to be coaches.  A good coach should be a good scout.

And there is no reason to have to travel and see live games.  In fact it seems like a huge waste of resources to me.

And finally, I would think that the coaches would love to have a say in what type of players they get.

Can't say that I disagree with this as the Bengals have drafted fairly well over the last decade and have found quality players.  But the bottom line is success and that really hasn't happened; at least success from a playoff standpoint.

Maybe that can be attributed to Marvin, his staff and their coaching abilities.  With the house clean of Marvin maybe it changes.  Or maybe Marvin had a major hand in getting the good players and just couldn't win with them.

Nobody really knows until we get a few years into the ZT era.  He may end up being a great coach but may miss on scouting the right players and the end result the same.  Time will tell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taylor finalizes coaching staff - Daddy-O - 03-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Taylor finalizes coaching staff - BenZoo2 - 03-07-2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Taylor finalizes coaching staff - jj22 - 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM