Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cap Situation going into Free agency
(03-09-2019, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW before we get any deeper into this conversation let me say this.  I believe that the best way to build a team is through the draft.  But when you get a roster that is close to competeing for a championship you have to step up in free agency and take one or two chances.  That is where the Bengals have failed.

In 2011 the Bengals admitted they needed aguard when they trie to sign Lutui, but when that deal fell apart they never signed anyone else.  Thatn one player could have made a big difference in our offense that year.

Then when we had one of the best defenses in the league we kept trying to fill a hole at LB with a series of washed up has beens on one year deals.  Instead we should have stepped up and signed a decent SOLB instead of Hawk, Harrison, Minter, and guys like that.

I hav enever said the the Bengals "do no wrong".  That is just a strawman used by weak posters who can not address what I really say.

I think you nailed it. We had some very competitive rosters, that 1 or 2 guys could have put us over the top. Sadly, I don't think 1 or 2 huge adds in FA is enough to get us over the top in 2019. But, I would still like to see us go after a Wright or RT, add a WR for the outside so Boyd and Green can play more slot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Cap Situation going into Free agency - Luvnit2 - 03-11-2019, 10:10 AM