Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uzomah, Hopkins, and Hart...Oh My!
(03-11-2019, 05:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Overpaid. What's next a 5 year $45 million contract for Ced?

The only good thing I'll say about the Hart contract is it sort of frees our draft up some from having to draft OT. But, RT will be a weakness.

Even if you want these guys...why overpay?

I think what makes the signings look bad is the timing.  The coaching change and tolerance of inexperienced but promising young coaches is different.  Right or wrong different.

We have come to accept the practice of "rewarding their own" and playing the comp pick game even if it's a byproduct, it's what Cincy does.  Another thing they tend to do is overpay their own you not have to draft for need.  I prefer that as a lesser evil than reaching for need, but why not let these specific 2 signings play out?  

I can live with CJ, but the market is flooded and the draft is deep enough.  I can buy into paying a little more for continuity.  Hopkins was worth it in light of these prices.  The Hart signing is mind numbing.  What ever happened to "find your deal and come back"?  The FA market isn't that good, but even if there are low guarantees we know they won't cut him.  So, we accept that they've bid vs themselves, are hoping for youth, continuity, etc... Meanwhile, we are hoping they draft a solid RT prospect to push him or more likely Price or Hopkins.  They should have let the market play out and not worried about losing Hart.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uzomah, Hopkins, and Hart...Oh My! - phil413 - 03-11-2019, 10:13 PM