Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
(03-11-2019, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guy has ZERO responsibility unless the child is born.  

So does the woman.

I agree, if something does not exist, no one is responsible for it.

That's never really been the issue, though. The issue is: if one parent wants responsibility, do they have the right to force the other party to take some form of responsibility. Right now, only one half can force the other side to do anything, and the other half has no recourse.

Quote:A pregnant woman can not force the father to pay for an abortion.

If the child is born then the father has equal rights to seek custody of that child and the mother has equal responsibility to support the child.

The only right a man does not have is the right to force the woman to have an abortion.

The father has equal right to seek custody. Nothing is automatic, other than a legal obligation to bear ... at least... half the cost. Heck, the guy may not even get any rights and still have to pay half the cost.

My son isn't biologically mine. I met him when he was three. His bio dad has zero rights, but he's been obligated to pay child support and 50% of all medical bills. Why is he obligated? Because he went to court to sue for rights (honestly, it was mostly to sue for the ability to claim him on taxes at least every other year), and instead he ended up with a payment plan and no parental rights (which, admittedly, was fine with us as he never paid anything and pretty well disappeared after that).

Guys have very little guaranteed, but they have a lot obligated. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - Benton - 03-11-2019, 11:28 PM