Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Free Agent Top Destinations - Hint (We're Not One)
(03-12-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years. Largely the same management team is in place. It's not remarkable predicting they'll continue to make bad moves.

The group that defends EVERY MOVE this team makes...that's the group that deserves a pat on the back. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, that group dreams up scenarios where we're building a winner...ranging from Katie taking over to Taylor being some genius.

I honestly wish I could stick my head in the sand and have that much optimism. In the 90's and early 2000's I was. I'd defend the Bengals.

Then I learned about management and just see the team as very mismanaged. They are in a league where other owners seek every single competitive advantage they can too.

That management team isn't going anywhere. You can't state the obvious about how bad of a track record Mike Brown has - we all know he does! - but him and his family aren't just going to read the posts and decide to step aside. It's a pointless discussion to have... we all know it and we're all stuck with it.

You also seem to have this weird idea that this board is full of people who blindly support the Bengals in everything they do, and I haven't seen that at all. They get criticized when they deserve to get criticized. You seem to be confusing optimism (ie, "I'd like to see what ZT can do before I pass judgement") and seem to interpret that as "ZT is God's gift to coaching". You read someone say "well it's only one day into free agency, I'll reserve judgement" and interpret that as "I am perfectly fine with what the Bengals are doing". It's like some weird type of persecution complex.

I mean geez, if you can't feign or work up the slightest bit of optimism in the offseason how have you ever made it decades as a Bengals fan? Lord knows they don't exactly hand out positive vibes on a yearly basis, take it where you can get it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Free Agent Top Destinations - Hint (We're Not One) - NKURyan - 03-12-2019, 01:42 PM