Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad to see all of these teams making big moves
(03-13-2019, 07:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I get the argument, but I don't buy it. Turnaround in the NFL happen quickly; even if you think you'll stink the next year or two, there's a good chance you can have it turned around right after in which case you're better off having a guy like AJ around.

It's different in baseball where it takes years for a small market team to put together a winner... in that case, you do trade your stars away when you're not going to compete because you are most likely 4-5 years away from turning it around, and the only way you're going to have that turn around is if you hit on a bunch of young players at once.

The Reds are an interesting comparison, though. They've had a very active offseason. Will they manage to finish higher than 4th place with all these no players? I'm not so sure, and if they don't, and all of these guys walk next year... was it worth it?

Not to get off subject, but the Reds has to do something. I’ve been to one game in 3 years and I don’t think I’m alone. It’s a social event on the weekends so they do a little better, but the weekdays are dead. When you get the feeling management has no clue what they are doing and there really is no sign it’s going to turn around, why bother?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sad to see all of these teams making big moves - michaelsean - 03-13-2019, 08:10 PM