Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
College Admissions Cheating Racket
(03-13-2019, 11:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure.  I think you may be confusing me for someone who's touted Trump as a paragon of morality.  Mayhap you thrash about in anger striking the unintended?[/quote}

"Thrash about in anger". Hilarious You must live in a weird world where a true comment on a message board makes you think that. I was ever "angry" I'd be sure to let you know. That's too funny.

[quote='Sociopathicsteelerfan' pid='691873' dateline='1552532191']
Wait, is this thread about Donald Trump now?  Maybe Bfine was right, you may not be capable of having a conversation without bringing up Trump.  Remember that comment on whataboutism in your thread earlier this week?  Maybe it wasn't enough about you?

Oooohhhh...you almost had it.

I related the story someone who was rich and a celebrity who also was charged with fraud (though not bribery) involving a college who did not do any time...it was what we lesser people call "an example". "Whataboutism" is not that at all. I didn't use DJT as an EXCUSE for why what they did was good or bad. I used DJT as an EXAMPLE of someone in the same situation and what happened to them.

(03-13-2019, 11:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know, seven years in prison sounds like a serious consequence for a first time offender.  I've personally witnessed many people involved in a string of serial burglaries or GBI assault receive less.  I am pleased that we agree that the rich and privileged should receive just punishment for breaking the law.  I guess I just kind of hoped you'd be able to make this a non-partisan issue.  I suppose in this day and age that was too much to ask.

Seven years for the first time getting caught. I'm not as familiar with the penal codes as I am sure you are but does the sentence matter more about the crime(s) committed or the number of times caught committing the crimes? If I robbed eight banks but only get caught and go through trial once (even though all eight are brought up in the trial) should I get a lighter sentence as a "first time offender"?

Manafort didn't get charged with one count in one instance.

As to the case at hand I suppose if there was another high profile case involving fraud and colleges that popped easily into everyone's mind I could have used that too. But since that one was just two years ago and this IS a political message board it served its purpose.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
College Admissions Cheating Racket - Dill - 03-13-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: College Admissions Cheating Racket - GMDino - 03-14-2019, 09:09 AM