Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look back at some of 2018's big money moves...
(03-13-2019, 07:27 PM)NKURyan Wrote: They traded Bridgewater before Darnold had ever started an actual NFL game. Basically, the Jets paid $5 million for a late third round draft pick this year (which has a value of a $3.5 million). Seems like they still overpaid. They certainly could have found something better to spend that money on last year, that's for sure.

I know they traded him before Darnold ever played, but they drafted the kid to do just that.....play.  My point was, if Darnold would have gotten hurt last year, I'd say they would have wished Teddy was still there.  So, like I said in response to the question you asked me......since Darnold held up all season, I'd say they were happy.  Had he not, it may have been a different tune.

Also, it was the Saints that paid the 5 million, NYJ signed him for 1 million.  That was a HUGE STEAL.

In NO, he was paid a base salary of 935k, and got a 4 mil and change "restructure bonus".

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/teddy-bridgewater-14441/cash-earnings/

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A look back at some of 2018's big money moves... - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-14-2019, 09:30 AM