Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
College Admissions Cheating Racket
(03-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, he's not.  I mean, it's not like I couldn't cite numerous other instances of the Hollywood elite behaving in a reprehensible fashion could I?

Sure you could. You could also assign those reprehensible actions to any other group they belong too: Men, women, americans, rich people, people with brown hair. that just a few of the people involved in this were celebrities and that you assigned your happiness to those few getting caught says more about what you "mean".

(03-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, that's called whataboutism.  I guess I did have it.

So much for you saying "I can admit when I'm wrong". Whatever

The number of offenses will matter, but generally, if it's your first time before the court you're going to catch a break.  Of course, there is a tipping point, but it's not strictly defined.  As I said, I've seen numerous instances of a serial burglar, part of a flocking crew" get away with a minimal custodial sentence.  Much less than Manafort's seven years.[/quote]

And in the case of Manafort he had a lifetime of "gaming the system" plus he behavior within this trial (according to the judge in this trial) that resulted in his sentencing. Versus the other judge who seemed to think Manafort got caught once doing one thing in an "otherwise blameless life". Don'tcha just hate "activist" judges? Smirk

(03-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, I am obviously aware of that.

ThumbsUp

(03-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If the purpose was to bring up Trump, then sure.  This thread is about rich people bribing their kid's way into college.  Trump University is a comparison only in so far as the word University is used.  It's not a direct, or even a good, comparison.  But it did allow you to bring up Trump, which I'm sure is quite the release.  In any event, maybe you could cease your defense of rich celebrities engaged in bribery and join us all in condemning them?

No, the purpose was to compare rich celebrities that get away with lesser sentences than other people...DJT being a good example that everyone knows about.

Weird that I wasn't "defending" them as much as saying that it happens that rich people get away with more. But I guess you didn't have anything else to argue with me about?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
College Admissions Cheating Racket - Dill - 03-13-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: College Admissions Cheating Racket - GMDino - 03-14-2019, 11:48 AM