Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(03-14-2019, 01:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Unless I read the wrong quote, I didn't think what she said was exactly anti-semitic.  I think I would vote present for all resolutions because they are pretty meaningless, but then again I wouldn't want to be the only other person in a group that included Steve King.

(03-14-2019, 01:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Many were vocal in opposition because it didn't specifically name her. Others said because it tried to hide away from the anti-semitic statements by including other forms of hate.

King though...

Pretty much this.  The no vote was a protest vote because they didn't like the absence of an official condemnation of Omar's comments, i.e. a diluted resolution.  This has the appearance of the "John Kerry voted against the Apache and B1 bomber weapon systems because he hates our troops" line that W used in the 2004 elections.  Kerry voted against the bill because of the pork attached to it, not because he didn't want the weapons systems funded.  You might be able to make a case with King, but labeling the other Reps as voting in favor of bigotry is partisan hackery at its worst.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-14-2019, 05:20 PM