Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(03-15-2019, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that takes me back to my original point.  They care more about pollical posturing than condemning bigotry.

They voted AGAINST condemning bigotry because political party affiliation was more important than bigotry.

Of course, one could make the exact same argument about the Dems, seeing as the entire resolution was brought about by racist remarks made by one of their own.  Again, you're engaging in absolutes that an adult should be able to see past.  You are, of course, entitled to that opinion.

(03-15-2019, 05:21 PM)Benton Wrote: So, basically, if you want a Republican to do anything, you have to make sure it makes a Democrat look bad?

Years of right politicians defending monkey jokes and saying alt-right groups aren't really bad people... but a Democrat points out the pandering and bribery, then we need to 'stop the hate.'

I hope a Democrat comes out in favor of healthcare prices escalating, flat wages and pandering to companies taking tax breaks without providing jobs.

Eh, no.  I do recall Steve King being relieved of his committee positions due to his unacceptable comments.  Whether you think that was timely or not, it was done.  You and Fred seem to view that as a zero sum situation in which one person has to be right and the other wrong.  In my opinion the whole thing was political theatre designed to distract from Omar's bigoted comments.  You apparently disagree, which is fine. But effusing to vote for it because you view it as political theatre is not analogous to voting against bigotry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-15-2019, 06:12 PM