Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(03-18-2019, 11:55 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Careful my friend, you're ruining the narrative of some here that the GOP members who voted against this resolution were doing so because they love them some bigotry.

Precisely.  I baffles me that this even has to be explained.

Once again, 100% correct.

This is largely due to the fact that the far left casually hurls accusations of racism with disturbing frequency and regularity.  The word has almost totally lost its impact, if it hasn't done so entirely.

I will amend one thing I said. The King resolution did actually name him, as it said "Whereas, on January 10, 2019, Representative Steve King was quoted as asking, White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?;" at the beginning.

So it's a little different, as I don't believe this resolution named Omar at all.

That said, I think the principle is the same. The person who voted against that resolution did not do so as a way of saying "I actually like White Nationalism" just like I see no reason why we should believe the Republicans who voted against this resolution would say otherwise.

Unless someone can produce a quote where one the Republicans said "I voted against this because I am 100% in favor of talking shit about Jews" I don't know why we'd use this as a way of accusing Republicans of being racist or antisemitic. 

There are other, much more concrete ways of accusing Republicans of being Racist. Such as literal quotes from Steve King.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - CJD - 03-18-2019, 12:03 PM