Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques
(03-18-2019, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There is an odd tendency for people to actually defend, or minimize, how much of a monster Stalin was.  I think it's largely due to two reasons.  Some people think elevating Stalin to Hitler level monster somehow diminishes how evil Hitler was.  It obviously doesn't, but I do see this mentality at work.  The other camp are those attempting to defend communism as an ideology and thus downplaying how many people have been murdered and brutalized due to its tenants.

It's the same reason why people do the same with the Japanese. The US dropped two bombs on them, and they are our allies now (and China is evil) so a lot of people forget about the mass rape and genocide they did in China, or mass rape and slavery they did in Korea. Or how 1 out of every 3 POWs held by the Japanese didn't survive (I don't believe that's counting those whose surrender they declined to accept and outright killed on the battlefield instead).

But hey, they make anime now.

(Meanwhile Italy and Mussolini are almost a forgotten part of the Axis. Name the last time you played a WW2 game, or saw a WW2 movie/show where Italy was the enemy.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques - TheLeonardLeap - 03-18-2019, 12:34 PM