Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques
(03-18-2019, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There is an odd tendency for people to actually defend, or minimize, how much of a monster Stalin was.  I think it's largely due to two reasons.  Some people think elevating Stalin to Hitler level monster somehow diminishes how evil Hitler was.  It obviously doesn't, but I do see this mentality at work.  The other camp are those attempting to defend communism as an ideology and thus downplaying how many people have been murdered and brutalized due to its tenants.

While I agree with your overall point, here, this falls into the false narrative that communism is somehow responsible to Stalin's bullshit. Stalin's rule wasn't a communist one because he was a dictator and communism as an ideology requires democracy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques - Belsnickel - 03-18-2019, 12:42 PM