Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques
(03-18-2019, 06:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd put more credence in this argument if every single "communist" government on Earth follows the exact same pattern.  They are all a one party autocracy and they almost all invariably fall under the sway of a single leader.  Communism as strictly defined by Marx has never existed because it's completely unworkable in my opinion.  In any event, there is a extremely well established track record of what happens when a government becomes "communist" and Stalin's USSR is right in that wheelhouse.

But communism as defined by Marx is the ideological communism. You're talking about people defending communism as an ideology, but to defend the ideology is to defend Marxist communism, not Stalinism, Maoism, or any of the perverted less-than-half-assed attempts at communist governments. Ideological communism isn't workable, especially on a nation-state scale. Pure democracy also isn't, nor anarchy, nor capitalism, nor many other ideologies. However, critiques of those ideologies should be based on the ideologies themselves, not the corrupted versions of them people throw together.

I make derogatory comments about capitalism all of the time, but I know at its core capitalism is about the fair distribution of resources based on a free-market economy. It isn't the corrupted neo-liberal shit show that is currently screwing over the working people in this country and many others. If we are ever going to improve our societies, we must understand what the ideologies really are and where we have strayed from them. We must look at where others have gone wrong in applying these ideological viewpoints so we can continue to improve our current society. When we push false narratives about what an ideology is or isn't it harms the efforts towards progress.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques - Belsnickel - 03-18-2019, 08:47 PM