Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Offense in 2019 what will the Bengals be better at?
(03-19-2019, 11:20 AM)impactplaya Wrote: To me the key to the 2019 season comes down to the health of the offense.
Assuming the Bengals stay healthy on offense
what aspects of the offense do the think the Bengals
will be better at under Taylor/Callahan?
I realize its months before the draft.?

I can see the offense getting plays off at a faster pace.
that was a claim by Lewis last year and it only happened before the 1st half and at the end of a game.

I think the offense will not be so predictable on down and distance.
Lazor basically telegraphed his plays on formation... personal..

Lastly I think John Ross will actually used in relation to his skill set.
Taylor will get him the ball on the hashmarks down the middle
matched up with a 3rd CB or LB

There is a lot of accuracy to what you say here about how the offense will improve in 2019, but I disagree that is the key to the season. 

The offense was rolling early before injuries (and subsequent predictability) decreased their productivity.  It was the defense that was setting records for ineptitude.  Right now, if they lose Dennard, the defense has not improved at all.  Perhaps just having a healthy Carl Lawson, Willis and Hubbard a year more experienced, and not losing other key pieces will help but they have a HUGE need at LB and also need a DT that can be an impact player next to Geno.

If they are able to sign a solid veteran LB and draft one on day 2, they could get a special player at DT on the first day.  I am starting to dream about a trade down (assuming Ed Oliver and White are gone) and get Dexter Lawrence out of Clemson and have an additional second round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offense in 2019 what will the Bengals be better at? - SHRacerX - 03-20-2019, 07:38 AM