Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Our Legal System (and what money can buy)
(03-20-2019, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's like illegal immigration. No one will push to punish the companies for hiring them (penalties etc). If they did then their wouldn't be jobs for them to work once they illegally get here, and that would lead to a significant cut to illegal immigration. But anytime that is brought up people make excuses to continue to allow companies (like Trumps) to hire them.

In this regard you are correct.  However it is not a direct comparison.  Both parties are equally complicit in this issue, albeit for differing reasons.

Quote:If you want to stop trafficking you can't just slap the hands of those who partake in the services of these girls. End the demand, end the issue.

To some extent this is true.  However, you're not going to convince many people that first time offenders should be treated harshly.  I do find it interesting that the more left leaning a person is the more they are likely to support diversion and restorative justice, until someone they don't like gets what they consider a lenient sentence.

Quote:Not knowing the girl was underage has never been a legit legal excuse for those accused.

100% demonstrably false.  As in the scenario I posited, meeting a woman at a bar that requires ID to enter, if a person would reasonably think the person was of age then they will not be subject to prosecution in the vast majority of cases.

Quote:Try sleeping with a 15 year old and claiming you didn't know she was underage, and let me know how that works for you (it won't. Unless you are a millionaire I guess)

Again, context is rather important here.  Did you meet this woman at a bar or other scenario associated with grown adult behavior?  Would you not agree that meeting a person at a bar that requires an ID to enter is rather different than meeting them at a McDonalds?  Also, again, where are you getting this information that these girls in the Kraft scenario were underage?  Is this factual information you have or just something inflammatory you're throwing out there in an attempt to strengthen your argument?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Legal System (and what money can buy) - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-20-2019, 12:47 PM