Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques
Lot of stuff going on in this thread.  I feel like I am jumping back in the middle.  But here are a few points.

1.  Alt right terrorists are not always white supremacists.  Many of the most radical are anti-government.  I am sure there is a lot of cross over among many of these groups, but "Alt Right" is different from "White Supremacist".

2.  Claiming it is okay that you are 3 times more likely to get attacked because there is less than a 1% lower chance of getting killed is some impressive mental gymnastics to defend Right wing terrorists.

3.  One of the big reasons people see a "rise" in White Supremacy is not based on the number of attacks or killings.  Instead it is the return of the confederate battle flag to Presidential campaign rallies.  It is the racial rhetoric that the immigration debate has produced.  It is Klansmen wearing campaign hats for the current President.  It is the fact that white supremacists marched through Charlottesville without worrying about covering their faces or wearing hoods. It is an increase in hate crimes.  You can't blame any of that on the media.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques - fredtoast - 03-20-2019, 06:17 PM