Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Met Gio Bernard Tonight
My friend lives at The Current at The Banks in downtown Cincinnati and his wedding was today.

I roll on the elevator with my friend, this guy pushing the hold button so we could get on, asks us what floor we're going to, whatever.

Elevator starts to move and I take another look at him and verbally say "you're Gio Bernard," to which he says yes and whatever, and he doesn't seem bothered or anything.

I start typing to him after he confirmed that he was Gio because it would have been hard for him to understand because most things are hard for me to say.

I start telling him how much I love the team, how die-hard I am, whatever else, to which he's polite.

So we get to our floor and I roll off, but I hear him and his girl starting talking about how cool it was that I communicated with a little talking computer and said a few really nice things.

I told him good luck against the Ravens, but he was a super-nice guy, down to earth, and seemed interested in me and just didn't blow me off like he's some big shot and like I'm not worth the time of day because of my crippledness (not that there's anything too interesting about me, but the way I communicate and how open I am usually interests people who aren't assholes that think they're above me).

I hope to see him more up there, but just felt right to point out that Gio's a down-to-earth, great guy!

(I didn't ask for his autograph because I didn't want to be "that guy," and I was content with just talking/typing to him, but I immediately wished I had gotten a selfie with him!)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Met Gio Bernard Tonight - BFritz21 - 09-27-2015, 05:48 AM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - reuben.ahmed - 09-27-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - StoneTheCrow - 09-27-2015, 07:49 AM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - reuben.ahmed - 09-27-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - Synric - 09-27-2015, 11:41 AM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - rfaulk34 - 09-27-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - SHRacerX - 09-27-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - TGISunday - 09-27-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - Brownshoe - 09-27-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Met Gio Bernard Tonight - Tiger Teeth - 09-28-2015, 12:33 AM