Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques
I don't know statistics or official numbers, but something has certainly changed with young people as it pertains to how they view white supremacist philosophy and views.

When I was a teenager (25 or so years back), even the most red-blooded right wing people universally condemned and were reviled by Naziism. I see a lot more young people joking about it these days as it's just another lifestyle choice. I've been fairly surprised to see co-workers, all in their 20's looking at Nazi-themed memes and casually joking about them. That shit would have been totally unacceptable 20 years ago to any sane person.

I think that as the WWII generation dies and less people are around that actually saw it's consequences, the more potential there is for far-right movements to become acceptable to the mainstream. People think the Holocaust was made up because they only see it in books and movies.

People can act like nothing has changed, but it has. It's a slippery slope when something once considered intolerable slowly becomes accepted or deemed harmless. There are a lot of teenagers out there that are pissed at the world because they can't get laid and they have no future prospects for success, and those kids are ripe for radicalization, much like kids in the Muslim world who are drawn toward extremism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques - samhain - 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM