Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Four takeaways from AFCN crazy offseason"
When there is a complete regime change like we had, it's normally for a reason.

We had to have one.

The fact that we had the youngest team in football on the 53 man cutdown day and normally players going into their 2nd to 3rd years play better and better.

Would normally mean you think a team stands a chance of getting better, but since were the Bengals we ain't getting no benefits.

Fact is the Bengals on paper have quietly got better, not a lot of front page news names, but they have got better.

Despite the worst defense I'd ever seen the Bengals field and an offense that lost basically everybody but Andy and Green.

Then lost Andy and Green.

I mean basically if you suited up as a Bengal last year, you were probably hurt at some point.

Despite all of this, we were in it until the last couple of weeks when we lost Dalton.

If the Bengals went through half of what the Steelers did the last couple of years, they be calling us the Bungles.

The fact is both the Ravens and Steelers might be looking at complete and total overhauls and regime changes just like us if they have a really bad year.

The thing about the paper champions is that despite everything they haven't even had a winning season yet.

Wasn't Tim Couch the quarterback the last time they went to the playoffs?

The last time I've seen this many "personalities" on a single team. Was when the Bengals had Ocho and To.

They're asking an awful lot of Baker to control these personalities on that team, when he can't even seem to control his own.

Trust me there's only so many balls to go around and somebody isn't going to get the touches that they think they "deserve."

Not to mention the only reason the Browns defense wasn't worse then ours was because of Greg Williams and they got rid of him.

At this point, I think 8-8 will probably be enough to win the division.

Since only the Bengals and Steelers have NFL proven and solid QB's, I'd have to give them a slight edge in a close division.

However, we still have a lot of football and the draft left before the season begins.

A lot can happen and change.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Four takeaways from AFCN crazy offseason" - TheBengalsMind - 03-22-2019, 11:15 PM