Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(03-22-2019, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 15th Amendment uses the term US citizen. 

I truly don't expect anyone in this debate to admit that the answer to the question I originally posed:

"Are the Libs trying to claim that The rights of citizens granted by the US Constitution should apply to noncitizens and those here illegally?"

is no. But the answer is no. 

Noncitizens do not enjoy the rights and protections of citizens. They do however, receive limited rights and protections. 

Non- citizens can't vote. That is one right they don't get. And they can't run for Congress or for president, even if born here. Is that what you mean by "limited"?

They can serve in the military though.

But what other rights don't they enjoy? Is their speech or freedom to associate "limited"? What about the right to worship the religion of their choice? or to due process and equal protection under the law?

What protections do citizens get that non-citizens don't?

To me it seems non-citizens cannot participate directly in governance by voting or holding federal office; but other ways they have the same rights and protections.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Dill - 03-23-2019, 02:23 AM