Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF White is gone, who do you pick?
I personally have trouble seeing Devin Bush as a day 1 pick let alone a #11 overall pick. I get that he had a big combine but he isn't a physical run stopper nor is he really that good in man to man coverage. He gets blocked a lot and stays blocked. In man to man vs TE, he can be outphysicalled at the top of routes due to being undersized. He struggled in man to man against running backs in the OSU game. I think the things he is best at are tracking down plays from the backside, blitzing and playing zone coverage. He also seems to read plays pretty well. If I am taking a linebacker at #11, I want a guy who can do it all and an enforcer in the run game.

Measurables
Player A LB: 5'11" - 234 pounds - 40 yard 4.43 - Bench 21 - Vert 40.5 -Broad 124 -3 cone 6.93
Player B LB: 6' - 224 pounds - 40 yard 4.46 - Bench 20 - Vert 39.5 - Broad 126 - 3 cone 6.94

Players have very similar athletic testing numbers...
Player A is Bush
Player B is Ulysees Gilbert III from Akron a projected 7th round - UFA guy

The reason I point this out is it amazes me how much perceptions of a player changes after the combine meaning you still have to look at the tape to evaluate a player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF White is gone, who do you pick? - SErebel11 - 03-25-2019, 06:27 PM