Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
(03-25-2019, 05:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: Charlie Casserly (won a Super Bowl as a GM) was on NFL Network about a week ago and brought up the Bengals. He considers Dwayne Haskins & Kyler Murray to be Top Tier talents while considering Dalton to be "mid tier" & someone he would try to upgrade from with either Haskins or Murray.

Baker Mayfield acclimated pretty quickly to the NFL last year and while Dalton's experience level would serve him well initially; I would expect Murray's incredible instincts to adjust and move away from pressure in the pocket to surpass Dalton's in due time. Murray has spider like quickness and looks downfield to throw while avoiding pressure similar to how Baker Mayfield does. Only Murray is quicker on his feet than Mayfield.

Murray may be able to play behind a poor offensive line in a way similar to Russell Wilson.

That said it is a risk and we could use Dalton in 2019 while Murray develops.

Eye of the beholder though and the knife could cut in either direction. Good move or bad move.

I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Murray or Haskins, although I think we have far greater needs to meet than a QB, but I would be dead set against drafting one and trading Dalton all at the same time, as was proposed in the op....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - Sled21 - 03-26-2019, 08:07 AM