Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year?
(03-25-2019, 12:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he could IF he stays healthy and plays 15+ games.

Last year, people thought the line improved because we could run the ball better, but A LOT of those runs were on Mixon. His 1st lane was blocked many times and he made an INSANE CUT to gain 4-5-6 yards when nothing was there.

We should be a little better run blocking this year as Miller's best feature is his run blocking. One would have to think that Price will be better run blocking with a year experience and hopefully health.

Eifert should force defenses to not crowd the box as will Green and Boyd. Also, one would have to think we will use a more unconventional offense.

Mixon is also a pretty good pass catching back.

IF he stays healthy, I could see him being a Top 3 back. IF the Bengals could win, I could even see him garnering a few MVP votes or OPOY votes.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he puts up numbers like Leveon Bell did during his best years.

if the pass game is functioning so they cant load the box on him and the line holds up/improves on the run side..

Very possible...

Rams used their RB a lot I expect to see the same here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year? - XenoMorph - 03-26-2019, 03:52 PM