Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF White is gone, who do you pick?
(03-26-2019, 03:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I understand the rationale for drafting an offensive tackle or a linebacker early.  Out of those two positions linebacker is the weakest link on this team.with that sad though if Tyler Eifert gets hurt again they only have one starter at tight end and that's my rational for drafting that kid from Iowa.  He would likely be the best player available at a position of need and is a safe pick.

I don't know if I agree about the safeness of a TE and it isn't about the player in question.  I don't like the injury frequency for TE's  and it makes me hesitant to use a first on one, no matter how good he may be.  Maybe it's a Bengal thing more than anything else(although look at why Gronk is retiring), but man, do our TE's in general spend a lot of time injured.

Add to that the fact that there are lots of TE's available in the draft, some in pretty much every round and it makes me not want to spend a first on any of them, especially since they won't even be a focal point of our offense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF White is gone, who do you pick? - McC - 03-26-2019, 04:04 PM