Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
(03-26-2019, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sometimes you have to fill a hole before it becomes a hole, or something.  The Bears had Rex Grossman and the Packers had Brett Favre...one team decided they weren't going to blow a 1st round pick on a QB they "didn't need."  My Chicago friends admit they were legit smug about that for a while.

I'm not saying we should get Muray, but not every team waits until they are 2-14 and starting 3 jouneymen per year before they see QB as a need.

For me it has to do with Timing.

If one believes in Kyler Murray's ability to escape from pressure by turning on a dime to avoid defenders in a Russell Wilson type way to extend plays downfield (as I do) then you take the opportunity to grab him if he is there at pick #11.

Waiting until the 2020 Draft to find Dalton's replacement could end up being poorly timed by comparison, if say the Bengals have a better record and are picking say 20th instead of 11th in 2020. The Bengals could be forced into a very Expensive Trade UP in 2020 to get a guy that they may like at that Time.

On the other hand, the Bengals could go 4 and 12 in 2019 and have a Top 5 pick in 2020 and use it to get a Top QB making it a perfect time to do it.

If Murray or Haskins happen to be staring us in the face at pick #11 it could be seen as Perfect Timing to pull the trigger on one of them.

Don't have to Trade UP for them and may not get another opportunity like that at the EXACT MOMENT you need it in a future Draft.

It still all comes down to how they see their future with or without Dalton and how they evaluate these guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - depthchart - 03-26-2019, 04:23 PM