Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Dalton
(03-27-2019, 02:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, unless something drastic happens to Dalton in the next 2-8 years we might not technically "need" a QB until the ZT era is over.  Dalton is a decent QB who seems to like playing in Cincy, so I don't see QB being our "biggest need" any time soon.

Dalton is good and he will likely be our future for those 2-8 years.

What side of the fence people are on about replacing Dalton likely really depends on how potentially Great the replacement option is in their eyes.

If someone doesn't like the option then they can "want to fill holes now" instead.

If these same folks thought the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson was really to be had if the Bengals simply just Drafted him, then they may change their tune about filling those holes.

Those that scream that drafting a QB in round one of the 2019 Draft is just the venom of a "Dalton hater" may find themselves to be labeled as Dalton haters should a QB they think is the next Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson be just sitting there in a Draft to take and they themselves decide that they would take him. Not so sure they would ride or die with Dalton no matter what and pass on what they deep down think is really a Great upgrade option.

The Bengals are in a similar situation to the Raiders. Both have good starters (Dalton/Carr) that won't be easy to upgrade from. The Raiders seem to be kicking the tires of this year's QB class and would likely only pull the trigger on one of them in the first round if they felt that player had a solid chance to be a better option than Derek Carr. The Bengals may kick some QB tires too.

How loyal someone is to Dalton may simply be a factor of how Great they think the replacement option might be.

Love or hate of Dalton may then become a non factor even to those that yell "Dalton hater" at the drop of a hat.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Kyler Murray is sitting there at pick #11, then I would take him & Trade Da... - depthchart - 03-27-2019, 02:46 PM