Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals offense produce 3-1,000 yd performers this year?
(03-28-2019, 02:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I realize the Browns have added big time talent this off season.
they are the darlings of the off season.
Until I see it on the field, the Browns are the Eagles "Dream Team 2.0". Mayfield may be a good QB, or he may ultimately flop. Sophmore slumps happen in the NFL, especially to QB's once defensive coordinators get NFL game film on them (Vince Young, RGIII to name two). Plus injuries happen. Who knows who or how many key pieces the Browns have will stay healthy? They could be good, or they could be the Browns and implode spectacularly, only time (and the games) will tell.

They won't have Hunt for the first half of the season, and who knows how long OBJ'll last before realizing that the media attention he gets in Cleveland is 1/100th that of what he was getting in NY, or gets hurt, or throws a tantrum, or any number of things that OBJ has done/could easily be conceived to do that'll inadvertently torpedo the Browns.

This is a team that's entire identity is based on grasping defeat from the jaws of victory over the last 40+ years. Even when they were good in the 80's what does anyone remember about those Browns? Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, that's what. They have a literal TRILOGY of unbelievable, legendary playoff collapses all from just one decade. The Browns are (amusingly) the Charlie Brown of the NFL, and the rest of the league is Lucy pulling the ball away at the last second. And while we haven't had much luck either, we've got a long way to go (even with the 90's) to catch up to the Browns in Super Bowl era futility.

As far as our offense goes? Sure, 3x 1,000 yard players is possible. Like you said, if A.J. doesn't get hurt they'd of had it last year. If Miller makes the right interior slightly more stable, and Hart can stop his whirling dervish (or human turnstile) impression, the Offense should be in good shape. I'm more concerned about the Defense, to be honest.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals offense produce 3-1,000 yd performers this year? - Ravage - 03-28-2019, 03:41 PM