Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year?
(03-25-2019, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bell, Hunt, and Gordon in the AFC.
For the entire NFL, add Gurley, Elliott, McCaffrey, Barkley, and Kamara.

Based on past performance, I can see Bell and Gurley. But who knows what they'll look like going forward between Bell's year off and Gurley's knees. Especially in the case of Gurley. If reports about his knees being arthritic are accurate, we might of seen the best he has to offer and it'll be all downhill (in a bad way) from here. Dude had 4 carries for 10 (2.5 per) in the NFC title game, and 10 carries for 35 (3.5 per) in the Super Bowl. Something just isn't right with his wheels, or at least something wasn't right when they needed him most.

Hunt's out at least half the season, and it'll also be about a full year since he last played when he does come back. 

Gordon? Eh, maybe? I guess? But one 1,000 yard season, and one year averaging 4 or more a carry (different seasons) in 4 years isn't what I'd call top 3 HB material. And, as others have noted, he has durability issues, though so does Mixon.

Only ones on that list I might rather have would be Elliott, McCaffery, and Kamara. Maybe Barkley but I still just don't trust Penn St. HB's; he'll have to duplicate last year before I start to be sold on him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year? - Ravage - 03-28-2019, 06:05 PM