Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ?
(03-28-2019, 03:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true which is why we need to take White or Bush early this year, just the way it is.

Marv and Haslett put us in this situation.

Nah, we need a RT and a Linebacker early. This is not a great draft for QB's either. Need to wait a year or two depending how much better Dalton is this season. I am predicting a monster year for him if the RT position is addressed properly. I know that Dalton hasn't been a great QB but he still isn't the problem with this team.

I disagree.  Oftentimes, reaching based on perceived need just doesn't work out.  Billy Price last year is a prime example.  We reached for him because we needed an immediate starter at C.  Now, in the long term, I think he will develop into a decent starter, but in the short term we would have been better off just starting Hopkins.  That was one of those panic "the season is lost if we don't take a C in 1" picks and the scrub already on the roster was a better option.  Price was banged up, but relatively minor injuries can set rookies way behind.

I would be ok with White because he is a first round talent and you have to allow a little bit of reach for weak areas of your roster, but Bush isn't a 1st round talent imo.  I'm not paying Cadillac sticker prices for a Chevy Cruze and I'm not going anywhere near Bush at 11.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ? - Whatever - 03-28-2019, 06:55 PM