Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ?
(03-28-2019, 06:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: I disagree.  Oftentimes, reaching based on perceived need just doesn't work out.  Billy Price last year is a prime example.  We reached for him because we needed an immediate starter at C.  Now, in the long term, I think he will develop into a decent starter, but in the short term we would have been better off just starting Hopkins.  That was one of those panic "the season is lost if we don't take a C in 1" picks and the scrub already on the roster was a better option.  Price was banged up, but relatively minor injuries can set rookies way behind.

I would be ok with White because he is a first round talent and you have to allow a little bit of reach for weak areas of your roster, but Bush isn't a 1st round talent imo.  I'm not paying Cadillac sticker prices for a Chevy Cruze and I'm not going anywhere near Bush at 11.

If you wanted Hopkins over Price at that time i don't know what to say to you. It was the right pick even if Price got injured and didn't play the way everyone expected him to. He still has great upside and i know he will be much better than Hopkins. We needed a Center and we got one finally, he should be the answer down the road.

Disagree on Bush not being a 1st round talent as well. If White isn't there i would trade back and take him in the first no prob. If we ignore Linebacker early after only re-signing Preston in FA we will regret it. Tem has only so much talent to work with and this was by far the biggest weakness on this team last year.

We can get a decent RT in the 2nd round like Risner.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-28-2019, 07:31 PM