Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF White is gone, who do you pick?
(03-28-2019, 02:07 PM)Au165 Wrote: In honor of Oliver's pro day today I went back and watched some games this year and I am now 100% on board the Ed Oliver train. They actually had him drop from the nose at times...to cover HB's! He athletically tested better then Aaron Donald in every major category. Some advanced metrics have him with the most tackles for loss of anyone since Donald. If we can play him as a RE on base downs then kick him inside on passing downs I can get behind this because it just creates a scary D line. 

Oliver has moments like that where he seems like a DT version of Terrell Suggs.  Kid's just a freak of nature.  I think you're right in that he'll probably need to move to DE due to being undersized.  He has insane potential, but he's going to need the right fit.  Jacketgate was a bit of a concern, but I think the fact that he chose Houston over Alabama because his brother and high school coach were there shows some good character.  He may have that AJ Green "Bengals lifer" DNA.  He also has my favorite prospect quote so far talking about raising cattle...

“[That’s] why I’m able to go up [against] 6-5 and 300-pound guys,” Oliver said. “It’s a walk in the park. You fight with a 1,000-pound animal, I ain’t worrying about no 300 pounds.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF White is gone, who do you pick? - Whatever - 03-28-2019, 11:08 PM