Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ?
(03-29-2019, 01:38 PM)yang Wrote: ugh, aside from just linebackers this makes me wonder whey even pay attention to the draft.  Damn we suck at it. This explains all the years of abysmal play.    

All those pick and AJ Green might be the only possible HoFer.    A couple decent corners and lineman.  But damn.  It is weird how few DE and DT's we take as well.    We suck

It's cyclical for most teams.  Hell, even the team that's won the most Super Bowls in the past 10 years hasn't killed the draft.  I will say this, the Bengals have had some pretty good picks over the past years.   I read a long time ago that the typical roster turns over every 7 years - so you need to be able to add 3 staters in each draft to be successful building a team.  We've had a few like that, but the misses on Fisher and Ced REALLY hurt this team.

(03-29-2019, 01:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: Yeah,  Devin Bush worries me some.

He ran a 4.43 forty at the combine at around 5' 11 inches tall and 234 pounds.

Malik Jefferson ran a 4.52 forty at around 6' 2 inches tall and 236 pounds.

Malik is a little slower yet is a larger framed man at 6' 2.

I like Devin Bush's speed but wonder how well he will adapt with his shorter stature.

I would probably take someone else at pick #11 that seems like more of a sure thing than Bush and that would probably not be a Linebacker (unless Devin White is there)

Don't want a Malik 2.0 experience with Bush using a 1st round pick instead of the 3rd rounder used on Malik.

I still have hopes that Malik will pan out though.

Huge difference between the two.  Bush has played at a very high level and has shown that he is an instinctive playmaker.  I never really felt that Malik did that in college.  He had some flashes, but it's like the light never really turned on for him.

The more I watch Bush, the more I think he would be a perfect fit in Cincy.  Sure, he's short, but he has the speed and awareness to cover tight ends and backs.  That's been the black hole for this defense for years.  That being said, I would still rather go O-line or D-line (or even TE with Hock at #11)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ? - Hammerstripes - 03-29-2019, 01:51 PM