Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ?
(03-29-2019, 01:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's cyclical for most teams.  Hell, even the team that's won the most Super Bowls in the past 10 years hasn't killed the draft.  I will say this, the Bengals have had some pretty good picks over the past years.   I read a long time ago that the typical roster turns over every 7 years - so you need to be able to add 3 staters in each draft to be successful building a team.  We've had a few like that, but the misses on Fisher and Ced REALLY hurt this team.

Huge difference between the two.  Bush has played at a very high level and has shown that he is an instinctive playmaker.  I never really felt that Malik did that in college.  He had some flashes, but it's like the light never really turned on for him.

The more I watch Bush, the more I think he would be a perfect fit in Cincy.  Sure, he's short, but he has the speed and awareness to cover tight ends and backs.  That's been the black hole for this defense for years.  That being said, I would still rather go O-line or D-line (or even TE with Hock at #11)

How was Bush more of a playmaker?  Malik had more sacks, generated more turnovers, scored more TD's, had more tackles, more TFL, and had almost as many solo tackles as Bush had total tackles for their careers.  The only stats Bush has the edge in are picks(1 to 0) and PD'S (11 to 5).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will they really pick a LBer in 1st round ? - Whatever - 03-29-2019, 02:51 PM