Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF White is gone, who do you pick?
(03-30-2019, 03:26 AM)Whatever Wrote: He's better than anybody we currently have in coverage, but Jefferson is as good or better as a blitzer.  He racked up more sacks with less talent on the DL in front of him.

He's not a good tackler.  Even in highlight films, he has trouble getting guys on the ground quickly.  Basically, he wraps up and hopes help gets there or tries to work behind them and get a waistlock to do some James Harrison esque slam.  He also can't get get off blocks, which is a big reason his tackle numbers are so low.

My personal feeling is that if you're drafting BPA, he's nowhere close.  If you're drafting based primarily on need, you can get a much better OT than him and OT is a bigger need.  There are young LB's that can still develop on the roster.  There's nobody at T.

Yeah, still have high hopes for Jefferson especially with a new LB coach. I need to watch more of Bush and watch specifically his tackling, cause if what you say here is true i don't like it. Need our LB's to tackle well, this was one of our biggest problems on Defense last year. Agreed on OT, need to get a good one. JaWaan Taylor is my favorite pick now even above White.

I am liking David Long Jr in the 3rd if he can cover, Risner or Lindstrom in the 2nd more and more.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF White is gone, who do you pick? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-30-2019, 02:25 PM