Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT Raves About Bengals Owner Mike Brown
(03-30-2019, 04:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: But you would if you could.

He can but he won't.

Mike was able to buy out minority ownership a few years ago for $200+ million. So he definitely can.

Also, the fact that he did that but passed on a practice facility (and some of the other things I mentioned) shows where his priorities are.

(03-30-2019, 08:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Isn't being in business about maximizing profits?

That bare bones scouting department has for many years produced some of the best drafts in the league whether you care to admit it or not. No real GM? Mike Brown has been the GM whether you like it or not.

Of course teams want to make profit. Do they employ nothing but family? Do they have practice facilities? Do they employ a number of scouts on par with the rest of the league? That's the difference.

I have not been very impressed by our recent drafting tbh, and even if the drafts were solid, why would anyone not want more scouts? Are we to believe Mike and co are smarter than 31 other front offices? Yes, Mike Brown has been the "GM"...hence why I said "real". 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ZT Raves About Bengals Owner Mike Brown - Shake n Blake - 03-30-2019, 10:07 PM