Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Katie is calling the shots?
(03-30-2019, 05:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It just kills me when people try to defend this Mike & this group that runs the Bengals.

They are and have always been the laughing stock of the NFL.

This isn't just fans ragging on their own team.

It's common logic and spread across media in all platforms.

They always wait until the ship is sinking and not fix the leak when it's foreseen.

Backwards,  Just plain backwards and stubborn.  

It looks as if that model that Mike Brown has clung to and won nothing just keeps chugging along.

I hope to hell they prove me wrong going forward, but at the moment I'm at my end with this crap.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote but it got me to thinking about what things were like when PB was still running the show. I didn't do any real research but I don't recall Paul being aggressive in filling roster holes either. Of course, he didn't have to deal with things like salary caps or unrestricted free agency for the majority of his time as the head of the organization. What Mike learned from his dad was free agents were irrelevant and today we see it as stubbornness. Add to this the refusal to hire a real dyed-in-the-wool GM and we're left with what we have today. An ownership group with no real talent vis-a-vis using free agency or identifying talent both on the roster or available through free agency.

This is my working theory at any rate and likely full of holes but I'd be interested in other folk's thoughts on why this team seem to continuously flounders as a middle of the road franchise in an era where worst-to-first parity is available to teams willing to go all-in for success.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think Katie is calling the shots? - Starvin Marvin - 03-31-2019, 02:22 AM